Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Darn Cute Bag

oh so pretty!


So for my future sister in law's birthday I choose to make her the Buttercup Bag by Made by Rae. I love how it turned out. I used Amy Butler prints. The great thing about this pattern is that it's very easy to follow and uses very little fabric.

A few suggestions to those making this....

  1. With just a quilting weight cotton for the exterior and lining it could use some ommf. A heavy fusible interfacing to the wrong side of the lining would help it hold it's shape a little better.
  2. The instructions calls for sewing the handle to the inside of the bag after the lining is in. I tried sewing the handle in with the lining for a little extra support. It works well, just make sure you don't twist the handle! See the little seam on the handle. Yeah. Don't twist it. Opps.

The very important and handy inner pocket. Magnetic snap. Also handy.

No comments: